Pages

Monday 26 September 2016

The Wrath And The Dawn Book Review


The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1)The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Woah ! What an End !!!

This book is very well written , and when i say very well i mean Good beyond measure .. I mean Brilliant !




Lets start with that cliffhanger(ish) touching beautiful END that captivated my heart
I would have copied the whole last scene here , started my review with it , but against my heart's wish i didn't , for it would be a selfish act
the possibility that i may spoil it for someone is what prevented me
i wont even quote it , because everyone deserve to enjoy every word the fullest reading them for the first time .


against my better judgement i would say i loved khalid not when all was revealed but from the very beginning .
logic may have suggested that Shahrzad was being weak to give up her revenge , but how dare i side with logic when i myself was hoping all the way since the day shahrzad was almost hang , that he had an explanation , that there may have been a reason .

besides i love the names a big deal , with the desert world building , the falcons and the arabian horses felt nothing less than magical !!!

the writing !!! its poetic and quotable , the prose was something to read .
I've read some beautiful quotes in here
“My soul sees its equal in you.”

“Some things exist in our lives for but a brief moment. And we must let them go on to light another sky.

THESE are heart Touching .


The exchange of dialogue is small and focused, it always contained it’s own conflict of inner thoughts , i love when a book is less conversational and more about what the characters feel and think than what they actually say , there would be no fundamental need for the novel to explain it self further ..

I really did like that the writer gave enough space and attention for the secondary characters , i like Despina , Jalal and Rahim the latter two made me laugh , and i am surprised many poeple hate Tariq !! i hate him never ! why would I ? he did nothing wrong , i think , that he is not the main character is a reason so many wont take his side but I may have , under a different sky ..
a friend of mine mentioned in her review that Tariq reminded her of Adam of Shatter me series and i totally agree AND ! i was having the same opinion about him
while everybody was team warner i still felt bad for adam ..


______________________________________________

for me this book was such a page-turner , it pulled me out of a reading slump
i read it in 24 hours time
its an outstanding book , a Mesmerizing story.



so after all , what was i taking about !
whats the story of our shahrzad ?!
Let the quotes tell you for they tell better than I .


1
“Wife.” He nodded.
“My king.”
I will live to see tomorrow’s sunset. Make no mistake. I swear I will live to see as many sunsets as it takes.
And I will kill you.
With my own hands




2
It did not matter that Musa-effendi had hinted about a tragic past.
It did not matter that this world was far from as simple as she might have thought.
And it absolutely did not matter that her heart was . . . misbehaving.
She had come to the palace with a clear purpose.
The Caliph of Khorasan had to die.
And she knew just how to do it.




3
Shahrzad no longer believed the tales running through the streets of Rey. Khalid Ibn al-Rashid was not a madman from a line of murdering madmen, hell-bent on senseless brutality.
He was a boy with secrets.
Secrets Shahrzad had to know. It was no longer enough for her to stand at his side and play along with the dance of ice and stone. To watch him fade into the distance, barricaded in a room no one was permitted to enter.
She was going to break down the door. And steal all of his secrets.




4
Shiva. What do I do? I—can’t find the hate anymore. Help me find it.



5
it’s inevitable. When you meet the one who makes you smile as you’ve never smiled before, cry as you’ve never cried before . . . there is nothing to do but fall





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment