Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Me Before You Book Review


Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 heart aching - heart braking stars

i should pick my heart off the floor , because it just bursted with feelings .
what a blow to the heart ! this book is Not bleak, Not miserable, but, full till the nostrils of frustrating painful grief ...Ughhh why do i read these books ?! I really did love the story , But i wont read it again, I feel petrified by the idea .
I cant handle all this grief again .. Just that letter by the end was an emotional breakdown
Not again , not ever .

It grows on you slowly , at the beginning You'd think let me hold on that feeling , Hold on the emotion for few more seconds , Oblivious that the book include layers upon layers of the feels that it grew too much by the end to be unbearable .


I won't mark this invisible for spoilers
mind you ! i would write whatever comes to my mind . So, yes, maybe it contains spoilers
and if you haven't read the book yet , just for safety measures , step a side .





Best before : 19 March 2007 the day that changed will's life .
19 august the day that ended it .
and between them settled two years of suffering , of dreams being crushed and life being bitterly heavy and opaque .
louisa was living an ordinary life , till she got the job as will Trynors care helper for six months
before turning into six months of her trying to convince him that he should live , to make him see that it still worth to do .
but , How can some one get that selfish ! Caving in to the relief of death ... giving up While leaving every body behind . Hearts broken , crushed and scarred for life ?
How can someone be that Hopeless ? Will or anyone who decide on commiting suicide
They portrayed him as a character so strong that none was able to change his mind , in my opinion he was hopeless and weak , Not strong enough to handle his situation , To set up new expectations and lead his life by them .
With pain , with infection , with pneumonia with whatever else , The one fact is "he gave up ".
Because To Hope , Its a human nature ,Its something running in our veins ,However bad it is , it never really disappears . How did he detach him self from it ? even if you dont feel hopeful sometimes , but it doesn't disappear , there would still be that steady hum in the background , a "maybe" , a "what if" crawling underneath .
this reminds me of one of Lauren Oliver's quotes : “Amazing how hope lives. Without air or water, with hardly anything at all to nurture it.”
How did he lose all that ?!

and i pity Lou , Will died and We are all oblivious to whats there after death , Relief or else . From religious or non religious points of view .
but i know for sure that Louisa was leading a simple life , Six months changed her from a normal person , fresh and simple into a person with a heavy burden on the heart . granted a no complete happiness ,No full laugh or joy without some pain subsided .
well , if it was better to live a life with less emotions , less intensity or a life of more edgy sharper ups and downs with spikes and bottoms , I don't know for sure .

I am conscious that knowing me has caused you pain, and grief, and I hope that one day when you are less angry with me and less upset you will see not just that I could only have done the thing that I did, but also that this will help you live a really good life, a better life, than if you hadn’t met me.

but this still holds so much of a truth .. though he could have lived , fought harder and spared them all the pain .

This book would have made such an inspiration , a book you can give to a quadriplegic to read to give them more hope , if it wasn't for the end , if will lived . now with this end !!! this is a book a quadriplegic , a disabled , a hopeless person SHOULD NEVER read .
otherwise they are going to comit suiside ...... with a smile .
heh ? damn the smile !

But , you shouldn't take my frustration as hate
just look up at the rating , this book is a sophisticated thing . well written , the writer got to me with few words , just words , just letters jammed together to form sentences . Its just that when i've finished it yesterday , Or lets say to days morning because it was already 3:30 am
And in these hours , these hours i had to think before writing the review , every time my thoughts lingered on the story again my stomach flipped , I really didn't know what i was getting my self into when i started reading this .
I didnt know i would end up this sad , no! not sad , but heavyhearted ..
its a book more about life than romance , about choices
will lived a perfect life , he had larger than life dreams then in a swift it was all wiped out and he was trapped in a body that's a burden . you get that Man does not attain all his heart's desires for the winds do not blow as the vessels wish
But :
“You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.”

“You're going to feel uncomfortable in your new world for a bit. It always does feel strange to be knocked out of your comfort zone but I hope you feel exhilarated too.
Live boldly. Push yourself. Don't settle. Just live well. Just live.”


_________________________________________________________


**i read this book now because the movie is coming out soon
i wanted to read the book before watching the movie
So , i'll wait for it with anticipation that it would be as good .. because ! the official trailer was so beautiful .
full of colors and i think this is one of the few books their movie adaptation actors are well chosen ..

**one thing i think was missing , will's POV
we read from different POVs , but not from will's , i wanted to see it all from his perspective .

**I think the second cover in pink with a girl setting the bird free is much more beautiful than the first one , more expressive
the first didn't give the book what it deserved



and stepping out from behind the table, I straightened my bag on my shoulder and set off down the street towards the parfumerie and the whole of Paris beyond.

after these few words i closed the book and i discovered it was 3:30 am
that i was crying
that I've been crying for what seems like too long
that this was the last sentence
and that book was over *Duh* .

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment