Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Dark Matter Book Review


Dark MatterDark Matter by Blake Crouch
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"It's terrifying when you consider that every thought we have, every choice we could possibly make, creates a new world."


At some moment I felt like writing a few words review , something like " I won't say a word , Please go find out yourself " Or "Its a book that you'd carry its hangover with you for a life time , if you're ready for the weight of it go read it " but then i couldn't fight it in me to write a review and now I am lost in this mess of rambling thoughts trying to exclude what's only useful for a potential reader .

I'm having this serious type of a book hangover . Its literally the first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning , I even did extra house work today , My mother is quite pleased . I needed something to do while thinking about the book I've just read . Ladies and Gentlemen This book is Great , It blew my mind , I couldn't put it down , its brilliant , exhilarating , suspenseful , heartbreaking and gripping . It hooked me right in the first few lines . This is one of the best book first chapters I've ever read , can you imagine a book that hooks you in the first few lines and never let go of you not for a single moment ! not ever . I finished the book and its still there gripping all the attention I have . I don't know how to say it in other words but I am emotionally drained , and my mind is a continuous buzz .

So , The whole story revolve around the principle of Schrödinger's cat , the superposition , quantum mechanics Copenhagen interpretation and the theory of the Multiverse . It starts with Jason Dessen, a husband , a father , a brilliant atomic physicist who has left behind his ambitions to settle into life as a professor at a small college, sometimes it stings , sometimes he wonders about The what might have been but he is happy and by the end of the day he regrets non of his choices . He lives in brownstone house with his loving family : beautiful artist wife Daniela and teenage son Charlie.

Sent out to meet an old friend and buy ice cream one evening, Jason is abducted and drugged, and He wakes up to find himself in another universe that isn't his own: he’s not married, he has no child, and he now appears to be a rich award-winning physicist . and here starts the universes hopping journey .
This book is character driven you cant but feel for Jason , you understand his choices, your heart would break for him , you experience his desperation, and you cling to his fleeting shreds of hope . At the core , the story is about a man who loved his family too much he traveled the universes to find them , to get them back . It also discusses all outcomes of a thought process that haunts many if not all of us" What might have been " and " the path not taken " which we can figure out first thing in the dedication , the so beautiful dedication : " For anyone who has wondered what their life might look like at the end of the road not taken.
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened "

Dark Matter would get your blood pumping, misshapen your vitals , the depth of raw emotion and the packed race-to-the-finish-line thriller written with break-neck speeds interlaced with sophisticated short prose and entangled with pieces of science would hold you captive .

Anyway , Ever happened to you that you finish some book and for a millisecond you wonder how the hell the world is still the same , everybody is still living their routine , hasn't an earth quake happened ? Then reality hits you and you realize how stupid your questions were . The world seems so different for a moment it seems almost impossible its only you who happened to notice .
Well if this ever happens to you , open your Goodreads , give the book five stars , add it to your forever favorite list and lie back , take a deep breath you've just read a Great book .


Seriously , I'm inlove with this book I'd recommend it for any and everyone . You love Sci-Fi or not , as long as you're a human being , Trust me , You'd love this one .


"And maybe I can let go of the sting and resentment of the path not taken, because the path not taken isn’t just the inverse of who I am. "










View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment